Rent our historic building
The State Historic Deer Harbor Community Club (DHCC) building is available for rent under the rules we follow as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Rental fees are used to pay DHCC operating and maintenance expenses.
Rental fees include the use of the meeting room, heaters, chairs, tables, projector, projection screen, restroom, water, lights, parking lot, and minimal use of the non-commercial kitchen.
Click on an image in the gallery below for a larger view:
- Check our Events Calendar for rental availability.
- Approval of your reservation is required before final booking. To request a reservation or if you have any questions, contact our Rental Chair via the Contact Form below or calling 360-376-3028.
- Rental and deposit fees must be paid prior to obtaining access. Include this completed Rental Agreement Form with your payment.
- See our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more details.
|4 Hours or Less||Full Day||Cleaning and Damage Deposit|
|• DHCC Member Sponsored Community Event*||$20*||$40*||$200 (refundable if DHCC is left clean and undamaged)|
|• DHCC Member Sponsored Private Event
|$50||$100||$200 (refundable if DHCC is left clean and undamaged)|
|$100||$200||$300 (refundable if DHCC is left clean and undamaged)|
|Parking Lot use only||Email to inquire|
*A Community Event is defined as a one-time or ongoing event for the benefit of the community. Examples include a yoga class, chess club, art class, music group, movie night, etc. To qualify for this special rate, the event must meet all of the following criteria:
- The event must be sponsored by a current DHCC member.
- The DHCC member sponsor must participate in the event.
- The event must be open to the public for participation.
NOTE: Rental Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Maximum capacity is 85 people.
- If alcohol is to be served or consumed, renter must obtain a Host Liquor Liability insurance policy. Contact your own insurance company or go to TheEventHelper.com which provides one-day event insurance, usually for under $100. We will not provide access to the building until we have received a copy of the insurance policy.
- The event cannot be or include a commercial activity; no merchandise may be sold at the event, and participants cannot be charged a fee to participate.
- No candles or devices with open flames may be used due to fire hazard.
- Do not leave any leftover food from the event.
- Remove ALL trash from the building immediately after the event concludes.
- After the event, you must put all the tables and chairs away, sweep the floor, clean all surfaces, lock the building, and in general leave the building as you found it, including turning off all lights and adjusting the thermostat.
- The DHCC board of directors reserves the right to deny use of DHCC to any individual or organization.
- The DHCC is a NON-SMOKING facility.
Frequently Asked Questions
As soon as you are certain of your date. We take reservations with payment up to a year in advance. Our busiest times are the summer months. Check our Events Calendar to make sure your date is available.
No, you need to be a member for a year to qualify for the cheaper rate.
Yes. To get your cleaning deposit refunded, you must return the building to the same condition that you found it. This includes removing ALL trash, recycle, and food from the property.
You can, but we do not provide this service, nor do we know of any cleaners willing to do this.
Take it to The Exchange, 3398 Orcas Road. For more information visit: ExhangeOrcas.org. PLEASE do not deposit your trash in dumpsters around the island. ALL dumpsters belong to private businesses and are for their use only. Trash removal is one of the (expensive) challenges of living on an island.
A few days before your event, a door code will be emailed to you. This code is for the back door.
It may be possible, depending on the building schedule. Contact our rental person.
Yes, but you must provide proof of event insurance before the door code is released to you. A one-day policy is available from TheEventHelper.com.
Yes, we have two large 50-cup coffee urns — one marked for hot water, one for coffee. We also have two half-gallon pumper pots and a 12-cup Mr. Coffee maker.
No. In addition, we only have a 5-gallon hot water heater.
Yes, but it’s an odd collection. We have no glassware. Most renters who serve meals opt for a caterer like the Deer Harbor Inn or The Orcas Village Store who provide everything.
Yes. Our kitchen is basically a home-style kitchen with a standard kitchen refrigerator/freezer, stove, and microwave.
We have one bathroom with a toilet and sink. For larger groups or events that last several hours, we recommend renting a port-a-potty from Abood Septic, 376-7660.
No. We have neighbors who would be disturbed by amplified music.
Yes. The piano is tuned regularly and is available for musicians to use. Please do not place food or drink on the piano, and replace the cover before you leave.